Meg Spicer, DC
- 177 Bovet Rd., #150
- San Mateo, CA 94402
- Phone: (650) 375-2545
To provide quality care and work with a team of providers for patients to heal from injury.
PALMER COLLEGE OF CHIROPRACTIC WEST – San Jose, CA
- Doctor of Chiropractic, 09/2015
KEENE STATE COLLEGE – Keene, NH
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, dual major in Sociology, 12/2004
NEUROLINK CHIROPRACTIC – San Mateo, CA – Associate Doctor, 10/18 to Present
Private Chiropractic office with a Functional Neurology focus.
- Treat and manage prior and new patients, support other doctor’s patients as a team
- Ancillary support for other doctors and staff with new patient examinations, exercises and rehabilitative training for brain-based neurological rehabilitative training
- Managing staff to oversee patient transactions, billing and collections, records management, patient intake and any other services needed in the office to maintain flow
SPICEREDDY CHIROPRACTIC, INC – San Mateo, CA – Doctor, 3/17 to 10/2018
Private Chiropractic office providing quality care to the community with an emphasis on ergonomics, sports and family wellness.
- Solo provider, diversified manual adjusting, drop, activator, traction table, as well as soft tissue work with IASTM, trigger point therapy and electric muscle stimulation, nutrition and supplement recommendations to promote healing and overall health
- Strong emphasis on rehabilitation with exercise and body mechanics education with patients and class in a group setting with workers of various backgrounds from home care providers to the office and lab settings
- Collaborating with various providers (acupuncture, physical therapy, orthopedic surgeons, personal trainers) to provide effective care to meet the needs of various conditions for each patient
- Administrative duties, including billing and collections, insurance verification, and scheduling
- Sabbatical coverage chiropractic colleague
- Attend networking meetings and appointments to promote the business and expand referral networks
PERFORMANCE BASED ERGONOMICS – San Francisco Bay Area, CA – Trainer, 11/16 – 5/17
Site visits providing ergonomic support to technology and biomedical firms throughout the bay area.
- Office and warehouse site visits to provide ergonomic evaluation and training to workers
- Individual worksites and group settings for injury prevention and symptoms management
MINK CHIROPRACTIC – San Mateo, CA – Independent Contractor Doctor, 2/16 – 2/17, Preceptorship, 7/15 – 9/15
Private Chiropractic office providing quality care from newborn to elderly patients.
- Chiropractic treatment of manual manipulation, drop technique, IQ adjuster, activator, traction table, as well as soft tissue work with ISTM, trigger point therapy and electric muscle stimulation
- Assist with administrative duties, including insurance verifications, scheduling, billing, and payments
US DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS, NORTHERN CALIFORNIA HEALTHCARE – SERVICES – Redding, CA – Intern, 4/15 – 7/15
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinic that offers Chiropractic, Physical Therapy, and Occupational Therapy services to veterans of northern California.
- Provided patient evaluations, assessments, and treatments for optimal recovery for pain-free independence
- Actively applied evidence-informed guidelines for patient care, including ordering special tests, video conference with patients to perform evaluations for specialists remotely
- Shadowed Nurse Practitioners in Urgent Care, Registered Nurses with hospital discharge of veterans, podiatric surgery, vascular clinic, orthopedic clinic
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Certifications. Tecnica Gavilan (IASTM), RockTape (kinesio taping), K-Laser, Proper Medicare Documentation ACA, Certified Collector for Federal Drug Screening, maintain licensure attending continuing education courses.
- Techniques. Diversified, full spine, extremities, functional movement patterns, rehabilitation, IASTM, nutrition, patient education, ergonomics, Neural Reset Technique (NRT), NeuroVascular Dynamics (NVD).
- Strengths. Strong communication skills, organized, motivated, solution-oriented, appreciate challenges. Demonstrated ability in working in diverse environments particularly with difficult situations and personalities.
- Hobbies & Other Passions. Hiking, swimming, meditation, gardening, travel, communications, conservation.
PATTEN UNIVERSITY – Oakland, CA
- Organic Chemistry I & II, Spring 2012
- General Chemistry I & II, Winter 2012
UC BERKELEY EXTENSION – Berkeley, CA
- Gross Anatomy (Lecture and Lab), Spring 2012
SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER – Clackamas, OR
- Quickbooks Training I & II, Fall 2010
- Small Business Record Keeping, Fall 2010
Member, Peninsula Connections Networking Group, San Mateo, CA (February 2016-Present)
- Various entrepreneurs, referrals, board member
Community Volunteer, Riverwood Assisted Living Community, Tualatin, OR (May-June 2010)
- Assisted Executive Director with games and client education of services
Respite Provider, Monadnock Family Services, Keene, NH (March 2004-May 2005)
- Provided respite to a matched child. Supported the child into the community and worked on behavior modification and etiquette skills. Provided a safe environment. The position was voluntary
California Chiropractic Association, (2013-2019): 7/19 to present Chapter President; 6/17 to 6/19 Chapter Vice President; 5/16-5/17, Chapter Secretary; 10/13-2/15, Student Chapter Vice President; 05/13-10/13, Student Chapter Secretary.
- Coordinated to organize Palmer West Campus students to lobby for Chiropractic, including preparing educational materials. Membership recruitment, student education on current bills at the statehouse that has anticipatory effects on our profession, as well as petition collection efforts, and phone conference calls
- Leadership Conference, Sacramento, CA 3/15, 5/14, 4/13
The STEM Future Foundation, (2016-2018): Board Member.
- Assisting in community outreach and public outreach to provide access to the software-based program to promote and inspire higher education in at-risk youth
- Coordinate fundraisers, public outreach, public speaking
American Chiropractic Association, Palmer Chapter, (2012-2017): 10/2013-10/2014, President; 05/2013-09/2013, Vice President.
- Lead chapter meetings, participated in national conference calls, relayed information and delegated tasks to among chapter members. Brought national ACA members to speak on campus, recruited new members and educated students on the benefits of our trade association. Organized student attendees to the national conferences to lobby and build leadership skills. Educated my colleagues on the necessity of membership and participation for our trade association. Coordinated on-campus events that encourage grassroots community efforts
- National Chiropractic Legislative Conference, Washington, DC; 2/15, 2/14, 3/13
- Leadership Conference and Business Meeting, Roanoke, VA; 9/14, Palmyra, WI; 3/13
Foundation for Chiropractic Progress, 5/13-5/14, Vice President
- Educate students with avenues of positive promotion of chiropractic, recruitment of membership
Public Health, Palmer College, 1/13-1/14, Vice President
- Brought speakers to campus to share experiences in public health, educated students of the role Chiropractors can fulfill in public health
Outstanding New Doctor of the Year by California Chiropractic Association, (2017-2018)
The Davin Richard Clymore Memorial Gift Scholarship, (2015)
Awarded Extra Mile(s) from Retreat Healthcare for quality patient care, (2005, 2006)