Michael Kaliko, DC
- 6360 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 502
- Los Angeles, CA, 90048
- Phone: (310) 652-2099
Meet Dr. Kaliko
Dr. Kaliko is a graduate of Cleveland Chiropractic College of Los Angeles and South Baylo University with degrees in Chiropractic and Acupuncture. He is currently preparing for his Acupuncture Board Exam. Further, Dr. Kaliko holds a Bachelor of Science and Masters of Science degrees in Biology from Cal State Univ. of Northridge. His thesis was focused on cancer research with the use of Immunohistochemistry techniques (Funded by Genzyme Genetics Biotech Company). Dr.Kaliko continued research in chiropractic school and was awarded an honor certificate for hip research. Dr.Kaliko is certified in Cranial Facial Release technique and practices using Diversified adjusting as well as mechanical adjusting with Impulse IQ instrument.
Dr. Kaliko holds an Advanced Certificate of Competency from Spine Research Institute of San Diego specializing in clinical diagnosis, spinal trauma, and mild traumatic brain injuries. We have a proven track record of getting people better from motor vehicle collisions and working closely with personal injury attorneys.
Outline of Qualifications
Dedicated Chiropractor offering comprehensive rehabilitation services along with a continuum of care from ambulatory, acute, to long-term care. Solid credentials that include CPR certifications and a doctorate in chiropractic from an ACA/NBCE-approved program.
Advanced Certification in Whiplash Biomechanics & Injury Traumatology, SRIDS. Background includes work with groups of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. Well-versed in a broad range of chiropractic treatments, physiotherapy, health lectures and biology-related topics, treatments and modalities restoring function and mitigating disability and dictating treatment for diseased and injured patients. Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and proficiency in patient assessment, time management, and treatment program design/execution. Enthusiastic team player deeply committed to delivering quality care and achieving superior patient outcomes as a member of a case management team.
October 2011 – present, Kaliko Chiropractic, Los Angeles/Beverly Hills
- Perform comprehensive physical exams and medical histories
- Diagnose and develop treatment plans
- Perform chiropractic manipulative therapy, cranial adjustments and, temporomandibular joint (T.M.J.) manipulation
- Provide nutritional consultation and order adjunctive treatment as indicated
- Prescribe ultrasound, Galvanic muscle stimulation, rehabilitative therapeutic exercises, and other adjunctive physical therapy modalities as indicated
- Coordinate services and consult with medical doctors, chiropractors, orthopedists, and neurologists
- Write comprehensive narrative reports
- Deliver monthly health care lectures to patients and public
- Offer essential information for the insurance companies
- Helped Third party billing proceedings as well as workmans’ compensations by giving them important information
- Restored function for patients and prevented/lessened disabilities following disease or profound injury.
- Planned and administered treatments, modalities and therapeutic exercise programs encompassing active and passive ranges of motion, muscle re-education, massage and heat/water/ice/electrical/light stimulation.
- Instructed patients in the safe and effective use of pulleys, weights, inclined surfaces and other equipment prescribed for their treatment
- Performed diagnostic and prognostic exams to evaluate muscle, nerve, joint, and functional abilities
- Excelled in the ability to customize/adapt conventional chiropractic techniques to meet the special needs of individual patients
June 2013, South Baylo University, Los Angeles, CA – Master of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
May 2011, Cleveland Chiropractic College, Los Angeles, CA – Doctor of Chiropractic
May 2007, California State Univ. of Northridge, Northridge, CA – Master in Biology
May 2001, California State Univ. of Northridge, Northridge, CA – Bachelors in Biology
May 2010: California Chiropractic Association (CCA), Member
January 2010: Spinal Missions to El Salvador, Member
June 2010: Volunteer at Venice Clinic
- CalChiro- LA Metro, Treasurer
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Diplomate
- CPR Certified
- Cranial Facial Release Certified
- Whiplash Biomechanics & Injury Traumatology, Advanced Certification, Spine Research Institute of San Diego, Member 2015
Office Contact Information
Kaliko Chiropractic/Whiplash Spine Institute
6360 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 502
Los Angeles, CA, 90048
Office Phone/ Office Text (310) 652-2099
Fax (877) 395-9650