Derek Rice, DC
Rice Chiropractic and Wellness
- 2515 Camino Del Rio S, Suite 328
- San Diego, CA 92108
- Phone: (619) 356-0314
ABOUT DR. RICE
I started my path as a chiropractor when I was 23 years old. I had a good friend who suffered regularly with migraines, which would normally last a day or two. One day, we were at a mall and we ran across a chiropractor who told her he might be able to help her.
She started going to see him, and after a while, her migraines stopped. It was a miracle! She was even able to stop taking her migraine medications!
I was so inspired by how this chiropractor used the body’s own healing power to fix my friend’s health problem that I decided I would do everything I had to do to become such a healer myself.
I started to study what was happening structurally and how he had been able to correct her symptoms and I found out some amazing things! I haven’t been the same since then. I delved into the world of chiropractic and found out why the body gets sick and what to do to fix it naturally!
We have a very special practice in that we really do care about helping people become healthier using natural methods, including the body’s own awesome healing power. My goal as a chiropractor is to change the health of San Diego by using these natural methods including chiropractic, exercise, and nutrition.
Education and Licensure
- Doctor of Chiropractic, Licensed in the State of CA, License # DC-31895, 2010 –
- Doctor of Chiropractic, Licensed in the State of CO, License # 5358, 2002 – 2013
- Doctorate of Chiropractic, Cleveland Chiropractic College, Los Angeles, CA, 2001
- Internship, Cleveland Chiropractic College, Los Angeles, California, 2000 – 1999
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Part I, 1999
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Part II, 1999
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Part III, 2000
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Part IV, 2001
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Physiotherapy, 2001
- Bachelor of Science in Recreation Studies, California State University, Northridge, Northridge, CA, 1997
The certifications received have prepared me to be clinically excellent when assisting with your motor vehicle case.
If you are an attorney, these post-graduate certifications were taught from medical and chiropractic academia.
The courses listed below have given me the opportunity to achieve the following statuses: Hospital Qualified and Trauma Qualifications, and show that I have put in extra work to assist you during your auto injury journey.
- Personal Injury Bootcamp
- MRI Spine Credentialing
- Spinal Biomechanical Engineering
- Spinal Trauma Pathology
- Impairment Rating
- Accident Reconstruction
- Spinal Disc and Ligaments; Neurology and Pathology
- Electrodiagnostic: Electromyogram Nerve Conduction Velocity (EMG/NCV) Diagnosis and interpretation
- Concussion & Traumatic Brain Injury
- Orthopedic Testing
- Stroke Anatomy & Evaluation for Chiropractors and Manual Medicine Specialists
- Pathobiomechanics and Documentation Webinar
- Interprofessional Hospital Based Spine Care
Click to see Dr. Rice’s education, licensure, post-graduate education, certifications and diplomates